The Year in Review from AHEM!
Highlights of 2022
A trip down memory lane, or an opportunity to catch up on events and information you may have missed the first time around:
Articles clarifying homeschool policy and practice
- Your Progress Report Questions Answered
- Help Getting Started Homeschooling
- End-of-Year Evaluations
- “Hybrid Homeschooling”
- Overreach, Reasonable... or Essential?
- Conform to Forms?
Homeschooling Fact Check series
- Days and Hours
- Forms and Applications
- Ages and Grades
- Academic Credentials
- Approval Letters
Surveys to collect empirical data on homeschooling in Massachusetts
Meet Massachusetts Homeschoolers pieces
Articles about homeschooling day-to-day
- Library Love Letter
- A Plethora of Resources
- Homeschooling Styles
- Home with Kids 24/7
Articles on homeschooling high school
- So Your Child Wants to be an Artist
- Homeschooling Teens: The World Is Your Oyster
- Homeschooling High School FAQ
Ways to connect with others
Reporting on issues and services important to Massachusetts homeschoolers:
Ongoing efforts include:
- Maintaining our comprehensive website, including dynamic information such as Networking listings and News & Events pages along with go-to information on homeschooling in Massachusetts, including the widely used and accepted AHEM sample education plan
- Communicating with our subscribers
- Legislative watch
- Policy & Practice Database about homeschooling in Massachusetts
- One-on-One help, available by email anytime
As we bid goodbye to 2022, we want to be sure to thank all of you for your support over the past year, whether it came in the form of reading our emails, filling out the questionnaire, referring a friend to AHEM, inviting us to speak to your group, or sending us a cash donation. Any level of interest and participation is greatly appreciated and is what fuels our efforts.
Looking forward to 2023 we will continue to support and inform homeschoolers in Massachusetts. Help us by encouraging your friends to subscribe to AHEM! We always appreciate feedback on how we are doing and ideas about how we can serve you better.