- Are you wondering how to get started homeschooling?
- Are you currently homeschooling and looking for connection and support?
- Are you curious about how homeschooling works and want to find out more?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you have come to the right place!
Advocates for Home Education in Massachusetts (AHEM) is a nonprofit, independent, grassroots, volunteer-run, educational organization that gathers and disseminates information about homeschooling in Massachusetts through education, advocacy, and events. We believe that informed and active homeschoolers are their own best advocates in maintaining the right to independently homeschool. We welcome and value the participation of anyone interested in homeschooling in Massachusetts. AHEM does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
AHEM Board of Directors
What People Say About Us
Before taking the plunge into home schooling I felt a good deal of trepidation about my ability to pursue this course of action. Through the AHEM website I was able to read (and understand) the applicable law [and] calm my fears.
AHEM provides essential information related to homeschooling resources and advocacy, and also sponsors wonderful events for the community, both educational as well as social. I rely on AHEM to point me in the right direction quite often, and am grateful for all of their dedication and hard work.
AHEM is full of intelligent, knowledgeable, experienced, generous people—ready to receive phone calls, and reach out to fellow homeschoolers with smart help and kind support. Really a remarkable group of volunteers.
If you would like an AHEM membership card:
- Send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to AHEM, PO Box 1307, Arlington, MA 02474.
- Indicate "membership card" on the envelope.
- Include your email address (required).
- Please consider including a donation for AHEM (or donate online—make note in PayPal "for membership card." Donating online still requires you to mail AHEM an SASE as stated above). Suggested donation: $5/card.
- Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.