Town Point People
- Are you interested in supporting others to conceptualize what homeschooling could look like?
- Would you like to help connect homeschooling families in your town or area?
- Are you wondering who is new in your area, or how you can support new families?
- Would you like to connect with families around issues dealing with your local public school?
AHEM is building a list of town or school district-specific point people for homeschooling families. As the Town Point Person you would connect new families with others in your town or district. Exactly how you would do this would be up to you. Maybe you would organize an email group or text chain or database of homeschoolers in your area, or monthly meet-ups, or a virtual parents meeting, or maybe it would look completely different from any of these suggestions, or incorporate all of them! These groups would not be AHEM groups—they would be mutual support groups taking whatever form you feel would work for you as the point person.
- Commit to being the Town Point Person for the 2020-2021 school year
- Attend one time one-hour-long online AHEM orientation for Town Point People
- Engineer some fashion for families in town to connect
- Be available to brainstorm or troubleshoot with local families. You can always refer to AHEM if necessary.
- Keep AHEM in the loop about how it’s going
Town Point People must be current AHEM subscribers.
AHEM will offer monthly Google Meets for town point people to support each other (attendance optional) and we will steer people your way.
Are you interested?
An AHEM representative will be in touch.
Thanks for your interest!