AHEM Needs You!
Your skills, expertise, and helping hands!
At a recent board meeting, we talked about our need for volunteers. AHEM is
staffed by a small handful of currently homeschooling or formerly homeschooling parents. The youngest of our children is 16, and the oldest has kids of her own. To stay viable, we need young families with skin in the game who care about keeping independent homeschooling as an educational option to step up and help out if Massachusetts homeschoolers are to keep the right to homeschool the way they want to homeschool.
Several virtual opportunities are available:
- Town Point Person - As a town point person you would be an entry point to connect homeschooling families, new and established, with others in your town and be a resource for families trying to figure out the world of homeschooling. Request more info.
- Track Legislation - Using a legislative tracking app, you will peruse all new legislation, looking for any bills that have the potential to affect the practice of homeschooling in the state. Once such a bill has been identified, you will check the progress of this bill as it makes it way through the legislative process. Request more info
- Oversee Policy and Practice Database - Reviews entries to the AHEM questionnaire and creates annual report. Request more info
- Write Meet Massachusetts Homeschoolers piece - If you've always wanted to write and get published, this is the opportunity for you. We are seeking pieces for our Meet Massachusetts Homeschoolers feature. This is a great chance to talk about yourself, what makes your homeschooling unique. We are not ageist and welcome writing by children, teens, and adults. Request more info
- Proofread Website - Read and operate features on the Advocates for Home Education in Massachusetts, Inc.’s website. Advise the webmaster of misspellings, broken links, confusing wording or navigation problems. Request more info
If you are interested in any of these opportunities, please get in touch! We are more than happy to give you details. Thanks so much for considering!
Sophia, Stephanie, and Erin (with a lotta help from Milva and Melissa)